NYC Things to Do: Guide to Visiting Hudson Yards
Hudson Yards is one of the top attractions in New York City. If you are visiting NYC soon, See this New York City Travel Blog article, ‘NYC Things to Do: Guide to Visiting Hudson Yards,’ to learn why this popular destination should be on your must-visit list.
Hudson Yards is a new and vibrant neighborhood in New York City that offers a myriad of things to do and see. With more than 100 restaurants and shops, you’ll be able to enjoy some fantastic culinary offerings and shop in some of the best eclectic boutiques in NYC when you visit Hudson Yards.
Experience local art, gather in fun social spaces, enjoy great shopping, tasty dining options and simply be inspired by Hudson Yards, a must-visit attraction for a first-time or repeat visit to New York City.
This latest New York City Travel Blog article; 'NYC Things to Do: Guide to Visiting Hudson Yards' – introduces just some of what makes Hudson Yards a popular destination and one of the top attractions in New York City.
Location: Above West Side Yard, Manhattan, New York City
Distance from Hotel Mela: 1.8 miles
About Hudson Yards:
Hudson Yards has become one of the top places to visit in Manhattan and visiting this neighborhood is one of the most popular things to do in New York City. Located on the New West Side, Hudson Yards is an epicenter of culture in New York and it is a dynamic setting that showcases the promise of a new kind of city gathering place.
A fresh take on the neighborhood, Hudson Yards is where locals and tourists go to be immersed in a progressive cultural district that includes venues for relaxing, shopping, dining and enjoying art. When you visit Hudson Yards, you will discover a new way to enjoy the world and a new take on a thriving city setting.
Why you should Visit Hudson Yards:
Have you come to New York City to shop? You will find hundreds of retailers selling clothing, fragrances, home goods and jewelry in Hudson Yards. Classic brands like Chanel and Cartier sit alongside modern high-end art galleries, and there are even places for kids to shop and play.
If you came to New York to dive into the local food scene, you will be able to satisfy your cravings at more than 25 eateries at Hudson Yards, many of which showcase some of the tastiest food in the world made by some of the planet’s best chefs. Popular eateries at Hudson Yards include Bouchon Bakery, Electric Lemon, Bar Stanley at Neiman Marcus and Citarella Gourmet Market.
Your visit to Hudson Yards is sure to be a memorable one. When you visit this popular New York City attraction, make sure you spend some time climbing and exploring Vessel, Hudson Yards’ massive interactive centerpiece. Also, find inspiration at The Shed, a popular attraction for art lovers.
Tips for Visiting Hudson Yards:
- To miss the crowds at Hudson Yards, plan to visit on a weekday.
- Head to this New York City attraction in the early morning if you want to climb Vessel while there isn’t a massive amount of people on it.
- If you are visiting NYC with kids, stroll through Hudson Yards on a weekday morning. This is the best time to push a stroller around.
- To get to Hudson Yards via the subway, take any train to Times Square and then board the 7 train to Hudson Yards.
- Rent a Citi Bike from a station close to Hudson Yards and explore the neighborhood on 2 wheels.
Facts About Hudson Yards:
- Hudson Yards includes 28 acres of restaurants, shops and cultural venues. It is the largest private development in the United States.
- The Neiman Marcus store in Hudson Yards, the largest retail store in the complex, is comprised of 190,000 square-feet of fantastic shopping space.
- Hudson Yards features 28,000 plants and 200 mature trees in a beautiful open space surrounded by charming New York City buildings.
- Vessel, the enormous and striking structure showcased in Hudson Yards, has 154 interconnecting flights of stairs with nearly 2,500 steps.
- The tall office tower in Hudson Yards, which soars 1,296 feet in the air, is the tallest building in the complex.
This New York Travel Blog article; 'Things to do in New York: Guide to Visiting Hudson Yards' – presents just a few reasons why you should make Hudson Yards a must-visit attraction when you visit the Big Apple.
If you are looking for other ‘New York City Things to do’, see our New York Visitors Guide for more inspiration in planning your upcoming visit!