Top New York Attractions: Visit Lincoln Center
New York is considered the entertainment capital of the world and one of the great theaters for some of the very best performances is Lincoln Center. Our latest NYC Visitors Blog article, ‘Top New York Attractions: Visit Lincoln Center’ presents you with just a few of the highlights for visiting this amazing performance venue.
If the phrase, ‘ the world is a stage’, then it is very likely that the spotlight may focus on Lincoln Center in New York. One of the most popular New York Attractions, the Lincoln Center provides innovative and timeless entertainment programming including theater, musical theater, opera, ballet, musical concerts and other incredible art genres.
This latest article; ‘Top New York Attractions: Visit Lincoln Center’ – in our NYC Visitors Blog presents you tips and interesting facts about visiting this popular New York attraction during your next visit to New York.
Location: 10 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023
Website: Visit Lincoln Center Website
Distance from Hotel Mela: 2.8 Miles
The Lincoln Center is one of the world’s largest performing arts meccas and one of the hottest NYC Attractions. Home to the New York Philharmonic, the New York City Ballet, the New York Film Festival, and Mostly Mozart, the Lincoln Center provides fabulous programming and entertainment throughout the year.
Guests enjoy live music, watch incredible theatrical presentations, and even view stunning photo exhibitions at the Lincoln Center, which is just moments from our Times Square Hotel via foot, taxi, or subway.
About Visiting Lincoln Center:
The Lincoln Center is an expansive Performing Arts Complex that incorporate 7 various theaters ranging in capacity from small and intimate to larger theaters. Ongoing performances include the New York Philharmonic, New York City Ballet, New York City Opera, as well as many theater presentations and concerts throughout the year.
Do you enjoy listening to Latin Jazz, Chicano Rock, East LA Punk, Classical music, Opera, or Contemporary Pop? If so, chances are the Lincoln Center features a performance to suit your musical preferences, and the venue may just open your eyes to new and exciting artistic offerings while you’re visiting NYC.
Throughout the year, the Lincoln Center provides opportunities to attend regularly scheduled shows and concerts, enjoy special festivals, and watch spectacular holiday performances.
The Lincoln Center opened its doors in 1956 and has committed itself to providing New York City visitors and residents with exceptional offerings in the visual and performing arts. Enjoy presentations in several iconic theaters associated with the Lincoln Center, such as Avery Fisher Hall, Alice Tulley Hall, Broadway Plaza, the David H. Koch Theater, the Metropolitan Opera House, the Rose Theater, and The Stage at Damrosch Park.
The Lincoln Center is one of the most celebrated New York things to do, giving visitors both young and old the chance to witness the likes of Theater, Musical Theater, Opera, and family-themed performances daily.
Every year, during July, the Lincoln Center comes alive with the highly anticipated Lincoln Center Festival, which brings the sights and sounds of the arts to NYC in a brilliant and flawlessly executed 3-week NYC Event.
Lincoln Center Visitors Tips:
- Consider attending a Campus Tour of New York’s Lincoln Center. Reservations not required; Tickets available at Lincoln Center Box Office. Tours take between 45 minutes to an hour to complete.
- Meet your favorite artists! ‘Meet the Artists Saturdays’ takes place on the first Saturday of the month and allows guests the opportunity to meet and greet at the performers for free. It is also a great way to tour parts of Lincoln Center for free as well.
- During selected times of the year, the Lincoln Center hosts free performances.
- You can dine at the Witchcraft Café at Lincoln Center. This café provides guests with sandwiches, lighter food items, coffee and some alcoholic beverages. It is fun to grab a sandwich and drink and sit out on the plaza and enjoy the scenery, fountains and people watching.
- Visit the David Rubenstein Atrium, a vibrant public visitors’ and ticketing facility for Lincoln Center performances (on Broadway, between 62nd and 63rd Streets).
- Day-of Discount Tickets are available at the Zucker Box Office, located outside of the David Rubenstein Atrium.
This latest NYC Visitor Blog article, ‘Top New York Attractions: Visit Lincoln Center’ – presents you with just a few of the highlights for visiting the Lincoln Center during your visit to New York. In order to truly appreciate this famous New York Attraction, you really need to spend an afternoon touring the grounds or consider attending a performance for a one of a kind experience!
When you are ready to book your next visit to New York, see our current Special Offers for the ‘Guaranteed Best Rates’ at our Times Square Hotel.
If you are looking for other ‘New York Things to do’, see our New York Visitors Guide for more inspiration!