Our Times Square Hotel: What’s Close By?
In this latest New York Travel Blog article, ‘Our Times Square Hotel: What’s Close By?’ gives you insight and recommendations on all there is to discover near our Times Square Hotel.
New York City is an amazing city with more things to do, see and discover than you could enjoy in 100 visits. With all the exciting attractions, activities, museums, parks, Broadway shows, restaurants and more…it can be overwhelming to try and take in during a single visit.
For this latest New York Travel Blog article; 'Our Times Square Hotel: What’s Close By?' – we want to share all the best things that you can enjoy within a short walking distance of our hotel.
Let’s get started!
First off, it is important to mention that New York City is one of the best laid out cities in the world. You can easily travel from the furthest south point to north New York City and from East side to the West side by Subway, Taxi, Uber, Bike or if you have the time, and energy, you can walk much of the city.
But for this guide we will focus on all the great things you can enjoy in just a short walking distance from our Times Square Hotel – there may be a few special venues that may require a ride in the Subway, Taxi or Uber.
Top Attractions: There are many great attractions close to Hotel Mela, some are less than 2 to 4 blocks, some a little further, here are the most popular New York Attractions:
- Bryant Park – 2 Blocks
- Times Square – 2 Blocks
- Radio City Music Hall – 5 Blocks
- Rockefeller Center – 5 Blocks
- New York Public Library – 2 Blocks
- Grand Central Terminal – 3 Blocks
- Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center – 5 Blocks
With all the exciting attractions, activities, museums, parks, Broadway shows, restaurants and more for you to discover in New York…it can be overwhelming to try and take in during a single visit. Here is a list of 'What's Close by our Times Square Hotel.'
Let’s Eat: New York is known for many things and one of those tasty things is all the wonderful…restaurants! There are an estimated 26,000 restaurants in the New York City area so there is a lot to choose from. Here is a short list of some of our favorite eateries that you should have on your ‘must try’ list. Also, ask our knowledgeable Concierge for any of the latest information on great restaurants to try in the area.
- Bea: A cool spot with a courtyard, serves small plate dishes and cocktails – 2 Blocks
- The Restaurant: Easy name to remember and easy to remember food and great drinks – 4 Blocks
- The View Restaurant: A cool, revolving restaurant with, as you would expect, ‘views’ – 2 Blocks
- Brooklyn Diner: All-American comfort food for breakfast, lunch & dinner in a nostalgic diner-style space: ½ Block
- Tony’s Di Napoli: Great Italian food with an ‘old school’ New York vibe – 1 Block
- Chick-fil-A: Yeah, we’re including this spot for variety and their insanely good ‘Chicken Sandwich’ – 2 Blocks
- Connolly’s Pub & Restaurant: This is an old school, New York style, Irish Pub…you’ll enjoy it – 1 Block
- STK Midtown: Top level Steakhouse: 1.5 Blocks
- Junior’s: Maybe New York’s favorite breakfast joint with amazing food and famous Cheesecake - 1.5 Blocks
- STK Midtown: Top New York Steakhouse: 1.5 Blocks
- Carmine’s Italian: An amazing old school Italian Restaurant, serving giant size portions, family style: 1.5 Blocks
- Haru Sushi: A great Sushi & Japanese Restaurant: 1 Block
Retail Therapy: No visit to New York would be complete without doing a day (or two) of shopping! Here are just a few, and we mean, only a few, of the variety of retail shops close to Hotel Mela. With Times Square literally 2 blocks away, you will have easy access to the many retail stores in famous Times Square. Here are a few of those stores and others close by:
- Disney Store: Come and let your imagination go! All the famous Disney characters, games, toys & more – 1 Bock
- Old Navy: Casual wear, jeans, shirts for men & women – 1 Block
- H & M: Trendy clothing for men & women as well as accessories and shoes – 1 Block
- AT&T Store: Mobile and wireless retailer – 1 Block
- Pandora Times Square: Unique jeweler – 2 Blocks
- GAP – Trendy clothing retailer for men & women – ½ Block
- MAC Cosmetics: High end cosmetics, make-up, etc. – 2 Blocks
- 6th Avenue Shopping Court: Small storefronts offering a variety of merchandise – 1 Block
See a Broadway Show: One of the most enjoyable activities for those visiting and living in New York City is to enjoy a fantastic, live Broadway show with all the music, acting, costumes and more. New York has 41 designated ‘Theaters’ located across the city, here are the theaters closest to Hotel Mela:
- Belasco Theatre: Opened in 1907 – this theater hosts small shows in an intimate setting - Across the street
- Stephen Sondheim Theatre: This 1,055-seat theatre is a popular venue for plays, musicals and revues – 1 Block
- Imperial Theatre: This beautiful, historic theater hosts many musicals and plays – 2 Blocks
- Jacobs Theatre: 1,078 seat theatre hosts play and musicals – 1.5 Blocks
- Shubert Theatre: Opened in 1913 with an iconic stage for musicals and plays – 1 Block
- Hudson Theatre: Opened in 1903, this fully restored theatre is the ideal venue for intimate performances – Across the street
- Palace Theatre: Opened in 1913 during Vaudeville and now top musicals and plays – 3 Blocks
- Broadway Theatre: A 1,761 seat theatre opened in 1924 and hosts many major musicals – 8 Blocks
- Winter Garden Theater: One of the most popular theatre venues in NYC – hosts many revues, plays and musicals – 6 Blocks
Museums: There are an estimated 100 museums in New York City, including the 5 boroughs which is far too many museums to discover in one visit. Here are a few museums that are close to our hotel. If you need any information on other museums in the city, just ask our knowledgeable Concierge.
- The Museum of Modern Art: View beautiful works from Andy Warhol, Van Gogh and many more - 10 Blocks
- Intrepid Sea Air Museum: This is a very popular attraction, with flight museum located on an Aircraft Carrier with exhibits, Space Shuttle, a Concorde and more - 6 Blocks
- The Morgan Library & Museum: Celebrated museum and library with important historical books - 9 Blocks
Obviously, there is so much more to do and see in New York, but we wanted to share just a few of the attractions, restaurants, theatres, museums and retail shops located within walking distance of our hotel.
We hope our latest New York Travel Blog article; ‘Our Times Square Hotel: What’s Close By?’ will encourage you to explore all there is to do close to our hotel and beyond and if we can assist you in any way, please let us know.
Visit our New York Visitors Guide for more recommendations for all there is to do, see and experience when visiting New York.